Follow me on Bloglovin'!

Monday, January 06, 2014

2014 Goals

With the start of the new year, I have been planning out 2014 along with everyone else. I don't like to make "resolutions" because it sounds like set up for failure, but I do have a few goals.

1. Living for the present, not for the future.
I have a habit of planning out every little detail of life....a quirk that I know bothers my husband a little bit. In reflection, I think I miss out enjoying the day to day things because I am always thinking of the future.

2. Eating cleaner.
I want to try....again....to eat less processed food. I enjoy fresh fruits and produce so its not the actual food itself that is difficult, it is the convenience. Working 60 hours a week does not give me much prep time! On days I work at the hospital, I am out of the house for 15 hours....so I need breakfast, lunch, AND dinner packed! Not easy.....

3. Enjoying the outdoors this summer.
My parents are moving to the area this summer with my 4 and 3 year old brothers.  I am hoping they find a place with a great fenced in back yard (we currently live in a condo.....no yard) so we can sit outside with the kids and dogs running around and us drinking wine/beer! :-)

4. VACATION!!!!
Our yearly trips abroad make my year! Seriously.....it's what I work for! This year were are going to Amsterdam for a few days then going to Venice to board a cruise through the Adriatic.....it's going to be beautiful!!

5. Baby....maybe??? ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I tried to comment back, but I don't think that your email is linked to your account. Anywho, we ARE super similar. How do you like peds? I'm actually thinking of maybe transitioning to Peds ER or PICU, but we'll have to see.

I'm glad that a former Peorian understands my Trader Joes and Super Target struggle. :)

The videos that I've mentioned before are Amanda Rusesell's videos. She's a tiny little thing, but she has some quick, awesome workouts.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!

-Em