Follow me on Bloglovin'!

Monday, January 06, 2014

Third Time's A Charm?

I'm back? Maybe? One of my resolutions is to try and resume blogging.....I guess we'll see how long it will last this time! My last post was 2.5 years ago....let's do a little update!

1. Greg and I got married!
We were married in a beautiful outdoor garden at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on March 17th, 2012. It was a windy, rainy 50 degree day in Vegas and sunny and 90 degrees in Chicago....go figure! We didn't know if my in-laws were even going to be there until the day before the ceremony. (I'll devote an entire post to them eventually.) My brothers in-law, who were also groomsmen, didn't stay for all of the pictures. All-in-all, it was a beautiful ceremony and was nice and small just as we wanted. I'll write an entire post of the experience soon.


2. European Honeymoon
We had the small wedding so we could splurge on the honeymoon....and I think we chose well. France and Italy are 2 of my favorite countries! We spent the first week of our honeymoon in Florence, Italy and the second in Paris, France. The architecture, the art, the wine, the food.....heaven!! I'll talk more about the trip and others later as traveling is probably my favorite life topic!
                                               Italian wine is so lovely!
                                          View of the Duomo from our hotel.
                                                 Freezing waiting for nightfall to view the Eiffel Tower's light show...worth it!
                                                                     LOVE me some French macarons!


3. Still obsessed with our dogs!
Lola and Finley are still the loves of our lives! We can't get enough of them!

4. My parents and little brothers are moving to the area!
No more 3 hour trips to Peoria just to go shopping with my mama! My step-father accepted a new position in Chicago so my family will be joining me in the 'burbs sometime this summer! SOOO excited!


5. I started a second job!
I am ambitious (crazy) and took another part-time job in addition to my full-time job at the hospital! I took a Legal Nurse Consultant coarse last spring and decided it was something I wanted to pursue. In the summer, I found a position being a Legal Nurse Consultant two days a week in the burbs....so that means I work 60 hours a week EVERY week! Let's see how long I can keep this up!

No comments: