Follow me on Bloglovin'!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Save the Dates

I reallllly need to get my save the dates out!! We bought super cute magnets to send but keep procrastinating! We are planning to send a letter out with the save the dates to explain what we are doing and I think that is the hold up. Its been hard to find time to sit and crank it out! Maybe tonight after we take Lola to get her yearly shots.....

I think the biggest issue for me in sending them out is that it makes this whole thing real. Knowing that your future in-laws hate you really makes wedding planning difficult. The thought of shelling out all that money to feed people who say the most horrible (and untrue) things makes my stomach turn. Especially since the in-laws aren't contributing ANYTHING to the cost. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am doing this for Greg. I was (and still am) fine with eloping! But, he feels obligated to listen to his family and let them tell him what to do even when they act extremely evil to me. A looooong story that I will get to another time.

But this letter! Yikes! Maybe I will just do it myself and let Greg add/delete whatever he wants. So one sided though......

2 comments:

Holly said...

How many people are you inviting?

I would send out the save the dates as is-- The people that want immediate details will call you. Then, for your formal invite, I would get a pocket invitations that has all of the info in little, organized sleeves.

I hope the planning goes better with his family... Don't let anyone ruin your dream day!!

dElizabeth said...

I would like to wait until the formal invite to send out more info...but with it being a destination wedding I feel like we need to send more info asap. Neither side of our families have ever done one and we feel like we have to explain ourselves. (Greg's family has already made comments like we are being selfish). We also need an estimated head count sooner rather than later.
Oh...and we forgot to put our wedding website URL on the save the dates so we need to include that! :-0.